Linux/LAMP Support Specialist
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
The Linux/LAMP Support Specialist acts as a facilitator for the academic and
research computing needs of supported areas, performs tasks related to
computing technology support, and coordinates service projects.
Activities include providing direct support for and assistance with Linux/LAMP
applications, digital publishing tools and platforms, and Linux workstations
This position provides services to all LSITO-supported areas and the UWM
Libraries. It will support faculty projects from many disciplines, specific
library clients (Digital Collections, AGSL, Archives), and campus projects
associated with these areas (e.g. Digital Humanities).
* A minimum of 1 year of experience supporting a Content Management System (e.g. Omeka, WordPress, CONTENTdm, Fedora Repository).
* A minimum of 1 year of experience supporting Linux workstations and servers.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field.
* Experience with digital humanities research tools and approaches (e.g. text mining, data visualization, image analysis).
* Ability to automate and manage tasks using shell scripts, schedulers, systems management tools, and/or other automation technologies.
* Experience managing servers, storage, and virtualization systems.
* Experience developing and supporting secure and accessible websites.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals forming many different teams, both inside and outside immediate units.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to document technical procedures.
* Prior work experience in a higher education setting.
Application deadline is February 27, 2016
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24909/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/