What library technology topic are you passionate about? Do you have
something to teach?
The Library Information Technology Association (LITA) Education Committee
invites you to share your expertise with a national audience! For years,
LITA has offered online learning programs on technology-related topics of
interest to LITA Members and wider American Library Association audience.
We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from
underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, and the LGBT
*Submit a proposal
<http://www.ala.org/lita/teach-lita-program-proposal-form> by February 29th
*to teach a webinar, webinar series, or online course for Summer/Fall 2016.
All topics related to the intersection of technology and libraries are
welcomed. Possible topics include:
- Research Data ManagementCC by www.gotcredit.com
- Supporting Digital Scholarship
- Technology and Kids or Teens
- Managing Technical Projects
- Creating/Supporting Library Makerspaces, or other Creative/Production
- Data-Informed Librarianship
- Diversity and Technology
- Accessibility Issues and Library Technology
- Technology in Special Libraries
- Ethics of Library Technology (e.g., Privacy Concerns, Social Justice
- Library/Learning Management System Integrations
- Technocentric Library Spaces
- Social Media Engagement
- Intro to… GitHub, Productivity Tools, Visualization/Data Analysis, etc.
Instructors receive a $500 honorarium for an online course or $100-150 for
webinars, split among instructors. For more information, access the online
submission form <http://www.ala.org/lita/teach-lita-program-proposal-form>.
Check out the list of current and past course offerings
<http://www.ala.org/lita/learning/online> to see what topics have been
covered recently. We’re looking forward to a slate of compelling and useful
online education programs this year!
If you have questions or comments related to teaching for LITA, contact
LITA at (312) 280-4268 or Mark Beatty, [log in to unmask]
Ken Varnum for the LITA Education Committee
Senior Program Manager for Discovery, Delivery, and Learning Analytics
Library Information Technology | University of Michigan Library
[log in to unmask] | @varnum | 734-615-3287