Data Management Specialist
Johns Hopkins University
Provide consultative data management planning support and training to JHU
researchers. Maintain rich understanding of data management best practices for
data sharing and archiving. Track funder sharing policies and compliance
expectations. Support researchers in identifying research data sharing and
archiving solutions, including deposit into the JHU Data Archive.
* Manage inquiries from researchers for data management planning support.
* Provide consultative support to JHU researchers including evaluation of data planning needs, assessing options for sharing data, catering planning to specific granting agency or publisher requirements, and editing data management plans.
* Track specific scientific domain areas building knowledge and expertise in data types, formats, and needs within domains. Identify data standards, metadata standards, best practices for data management, etc. to continuously build expertise and improve provision of service.
* Maintain knowledge on a broad range of data repositories including their submission, Intellectual Property, and use arrangements, and provide guidance on repository selection for deposit.
* Develop and deliver data management training programs including training materials, for in-person and online training delivery.
* Proactively collaborate and coordinate with JHUDMS team to implement data management plans, including coordinating data deposits with researchers and preparing collections for archiving in the JHU Data Archive.
* Collaborate with colleagues throughout the university libraries and research administration to effectively communicate services to faculty, researchers, and departments.
* Manage short and long-term communications and relationships with researchers and students, including outreach and training in data management best practices.
* Liaise with JHU-wide staff and administrators to support the continued integration and visibility of data management services available to researchers.
Masters of Science, Engineering, Advanced degree in Health Sciences, or
Library and Information Science. A minimum of three (3) years combined of
library, information technology, informatics, and/or scientific research
Special Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience with one or more components of the research data life cycle: creation, processing, analyzing, preserving, providing access to, and re-using. Experience with software supporting any of these research components or data archiving.
* Must be self-motivated, pro-active, willing to take on new challenges and solve problems with minimal supervision.
* Good listener with a high degree of customer orientation.
* Superb people skills, strong team-orientation, and professional attitude.
* Clear and consistent communicator.
* Strong writing skills.
* Strong project planning, management, and execution skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work with and easily adapt to new technology.
* Experience working with scientific or health sciences data management and/or data curation and archiving.
* Experience working with life sciences research data, especially those in medical disciplines with human subjects.
* Experience conducting trainings and workshop presentations.
* Experience with online instructional technologies.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24970/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/