Reminder: Call for Papers: Journal of the International Association of
Sound and Audiovisual Archives, Issue no. 46
March 7, 2016: Expression of interest deadline (this is a new extended date)
March 15, 2016: Full article submission deadline
April 30, 2016: Journal release
Editor: Bertram Lyons ([log in to unmask])
General Call for Papers
IASA Journal invites proposals covering general topics of interest to
the sound and audiovisual archives communities throughout the world.
Articles, reviews, essays, and technical documents are welcome.
Issue no. 46 special considerations:
We encourage submissions that respond to critical issues for
audiovisual archives today:
* Degradation in legacy physical collections, especially magnetic carriers
* Obsolescence of playback equipment and strategies for acquiring
spare parts for playback machines
* Selecting sustainable and compatible target codecs and wrappers for
A-to-D video reformatting projects
* The proliferation of born-digital audiovisual formats and codecs
* Planning for the necessary technical infrastructure needed to ingest
and manage the large digital collections being created and acquired at
sound and audiovisual archives worldwide
* Intellectual property rights
* Metadata strategies for time-based media objects
* Providing meaningful and useful access to sound and audiovisual
collections for researchers of all kinds and in all locations
Please consider submitting an article covering one of these topics or
the results of independent research that would be of interest to the
Abstracts (maximum 250 words each) may be in French, German, Spanish,
or English. Images can be sent as digital images in GIF, JPEG, PDF,
or TIFF formats.
Please send expressions of interest no later than March 4, 2016, via
email to the editor: [log in to unmask]
Information for authors
1. Once accepted, final articles must be submitted to the editor by
March 15, 2016.
2. Soft copy as a .doc file for text should be submitted with minimal
3. Illustrations (photographs, diagrams, tables, maps, etc) may be
submitted as low resolution files placed in the .doc file AND
high-resolution versions for publication must also be sent separately
4. Use footnotes not endnotes.
5. References should be listed at the end of the article in alphabetic
order and chronologically for each author and should adhere to the
guidelines of the Chicago Manual of
6. Authors are encouraged to submit original research or to develop
presentations into more detailed accounts and/or
arguments for publication in the journal. In principle, articles
should be no longer than 5,000 words.
Information for advertisers
Enquiries about advertising should be sent to the Editor
([log in to unmask]). Current rates can be seen on the website at
Please contact [log in to unmask] with any questions.
Thanks, and best --
Bertram Lyons, Editor, IASA Journal
Bertram Lyons, CA
AVPreserve | www.avpreserve.com
International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives | www.iasa-web.org