The University of North Carolina Wilmington (5 miles from the beach!) is growing our small, flexible and productive library IT department. We are looking for an Online Applications Support Technician to help provide DevOps type support.
This positions supports the development of online library initiatives by providing server administration and applications support. This person in this position liaises with campus and library IT to provide a robust and secure server environment. In addition, this position supports the maintenance and development of library applications as needed.
Through a small team, and within the campus IT environment, Randall Library supports a variety of online applications, including Sierra integrated library system, proxy server, Drupal websites, ContentDM digital library software, Archivesspace, custom applications, digital signage, MySQL, SQL, Solr databases and more.
Specific duties include:
* Supporting Windows and Linux servers in the campus VMware environment
* Supporting server software (installation, configuration, updates) such as Apache, PHP, MySQL/SQL and other library applications
* Liaising with campus IT regarding networking, firewall, server management
* Configuring and monitoring performance logging and tuning
* Investigating reported hardware & software problems, performance and networking issues
* Evaluating and correcting server security issues
* Providing technical support for digital library initiatives, as needed
* Providing support for library technology projects, and digital library initiatives as needed
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/4439
Laura K. Wiegand
Associate Director Library Information Technology and Digital Strategies
William M. Randall Library<http://library.uncw.edu/>
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
[log in to unmask]
Phone: (910) 962-3680