Systems and Web Services Librarian
Concordia College is seeking a collaborative, innovative, and service-oriented
Systems and Web Services Librarian who will have primary responsibility for
the library's technology infrastructure (library management system, digital
collections, discovery solutions, and related tools) and integration with
campus systems (Moodle, campus content management system, financial and
student systems). This 10-month faculty position will begin August 2016.
The successful candidate will have a critical role in ensuring that library
systems support and enhance student learning. The primary responsibility of
the position will be oversight of the technical aspects of library systems
across functional areas including acquisitions, cataloging, circulation,
serials, digital collections, and metadata. This responsibility will include
management of the library website and collaboration with other library staff
on usability and the development of virtual resources and services.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with campus IT and
Communications Departments to ensure efficiency and interoperability among
library and campus systems.
The successful candidate will take a leadership role in implementing and
evaluating emerging technologies and services as they pertain to the library.
As a secondary level of responsibility, the successful candidate will
participate, at some level, in the standard duties of all librarians
(reference services, library instruction, liaison to academic departments,
collection development, and outreach).
Within the tradition of the liberal arts, Concordia College is dedicated to
student learning and becoming responsibly engaged in the world. Current
initiatives as the college include integrative learning, online learning, and
digital humanities. The Carl B. Ylvisaker Library is located in the heart of
campus and is recognized for its emphasis on teaching and engagement with
student research. The library maintains a complex array of integrated systems,
resources, and service in support of its mission.
• ALA-accredited master's degree or equivalent
• Experience working with library systems
• Knowledge of database structures, creation, application and maintenance
• Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies
• A demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
• A strong commitment to user services
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Commitment to working in a collaborative environment
• Academic library experience
• Experience in an online learning environment
• Knowledge of instructional design
• Knowledge of user analysis and usability testing
• Knowledge of web design and scripting languages
• Project management skills
• Reference and instruction experience
• STEM background
Screening begins 02/26/2016
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24911/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/