Reporting to the Territorial Archivist, as Digital Archivist you will be
responsible for further developing the Yukon Archives digital preservation
management program in accordance with Yukon Archives standards and national
and international best practices to ensure reliability, usability, integrity
and authenticity of digital assets. Your focus will be on developing
requirements and systems for the ingest of digital records and identifying
infrastructure and systems for their storage and retrieval. As the ideal
candidate you will be familiar with the issues pertaining uniquely to the
appraisal, preservation, and accessibility of digitized and born digital
archival information assets and able to provide expertise and leadership in
the development of electronic records management policies, standards, and
As the ideal candidate for this position you will have an appreciation and
understanding of the technical framework required for the long-term
preservation of digital preservation, including hardware and software tools,
metadata schema, and file formats. Communication and teamwork with coworkers
and supervisors are essential to success in this role.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following
qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based
solely on the information you provide in your resume.
* Masters degree in archival studies or library and information science with a specialty in archives, or a masters or bachelors degree in history, political science or related field with several years of experience working with archives;
* Experience applying the theory and practice of archival and records management principles with a focus on the management of electronic records;
* Experience working with digital preservation related software combined with detailed knowledge of computer systems, network architecture, and database management systems.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the
essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Strong research and information gathering skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills applied in an information management environment;
* Familiarity with digital preservation issues and best practices;
* Strong organizational skills and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy;
* Able to work effectively alone or in a team environment.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25114/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/