Resending the below as plain text.
Posting for a colleague. Text below is also attached as a Word document.
Request for Proposal – LLAMA Assessment Repository Consultant
A. Statement of Purpose
The Assessment Repository Work Group, a special projects group within ALA’s Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA), is seeking a system design consultant to help develop project details for an easy-to-use system for organizing and accessing library assessment examples, products and findings. This will allow librarians to share any type of assessment method and resulting findings, including those that are often never published, such as inconclusive or negative results. Through well-organized searching options, it will allow all librarians to find evidence based assessment models to begin their projects and then compare their findings with the results of others. This phase 1 design specification stage should be complete by August 1, 2016 and has a maximum budget of $2,000. Note: This is not a project to build the system, but to provide expert perspective and create documentation specifying how the system should be built. Responses to this RFP should be sent no later than March 31. See later sections of this document for submission details.
B. Background Information
This project grew out of the work of two LLAMA committees: MAES (now the Assessment Section) - Data Collection for Library Managers; and the Library Organization and Management Section (LOMS) - Planning & Evaluation of Library Services. The committees put forward a “LLAMA Innovation Fund Budget Request” to support the first year of work to develop the project concept. Although this started as a project in LLAMA, the end goal is to develop a resource that will support the entire membership of ALA across all library types and functions.
C. Tasks to be Accomplished
Task 1: Work with the Assessment Repository Work Group to develop the project details
1.1. Participate in monthly online meetings in April – July 2016 to gather information on needs and specifications (meetings via Adobe Connect or similar platform)
1.2. Evaluate the efficacy of generated ideas and provide guidance to ensure long term success
1.3. Provide an expert technical perspective for difficult questions that arise regarding system development details
1.4. Review and provide feedback on models proposed by the group as potential examples
Task 2: Develop specific technical plans and details for building a successful assessment repository
2.1. Deliver first draft of documentation for the May monthly meeting
2.2. Receive and incorporate feedback into a revised document due in early June
2.3. Complete final first draft in time for documentation to be distributed broadly on June 17, 2016 (1-week prior to the ALA Annual meeting)
2.4. Attend a 1.5–2 hour meeting at ALA Annual in Orlando (if possible) to receive broader feedback on the document
2.5. Complete final version of the documentation by August 1, 2016
Task 3: Develop documentation on any necessary technical details for funding/grant proposals to build the system
3.1. Provide shortened summary versions of technical or system details as need for funding proposals submitted on or before August 1, 2016
Demonstrated abilities needed to accomplish the above tasks:
• Verbal and written communication abilities; interpersonal skills
o Able to speak in clear, concise manner, easily understood by lay-people
o Effective writing ability
• Knowledge of and interest in libraries and/or assessment
• Some experience writing specifications for these types of projects
• Knowledge of how to build a repository
• Experience as a contributor to grant or funding proposals
Summary of Deliverables:
1. System design specifications document
2. Documentation necessary for funding or grant proposals
D. Contract Details
• Period of Performance – Start date: April 8, 2016; End date: August 1, 2016
• Payment – Half payment will be provided up-front and the other half provided at the end of the successful completion of the contract. Maximum fee for the project: $2,000.
• Contract will be provided by LLAMA upon selection of the successful consultant.
E. How to Submit a Proposal
Please submit the following no later than March 31, 2016 to Jessame Ferguson, [log in to unmask] and Rob Withers, [log in to unmask] (electronic submissions only).
1. A brief description of no more than 500 words explaining how you will carry out the tasks outlined above.
2. A summary no longer than 1 page that outlines your recent relevant projects.
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of two individuals who have been your clients or colleagues during the last eighteen months on a representative project outlined above who will serve as a reference.
4. Current resume or vita.
We will hold interviews with finalists during the week of April 4, 2016. If you have questions, please email them to [log in to unmask]