Recruitment has started for the position of Library Systems Manager at Washington University in St. Louis. I will be attending code4lib next week and would be happy to talk more with anyone who's interested! Apply at https://jobs.wustl.edu<https://jobs.wustl.edu/> by searching for job # 32532.
Library Systems Manager, Olin Library - 32532
Under the direction of the Head of Library Technology Services, provides a reliable, accurate, responsive, efficient, and secure information systems platform for library service delivery. Manages service delivery at both the desktop and server level, ensuring a cohesive technology platform for library services. Provides support to strengthen the library's online systems, which our patrons rely upon as research infrastructure.
Leads operations for desktop support by providing oversight, leadership, and direction in designing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and supporting the desktop and mobile computing environments available to staff and library patrons. Works with a team of staff and students to respond to support requests with staff and public computing, troubleshoots and solves hardware and software problems, monitors overall system performance, and implements improvements.
Leads operations for server support. Works with a team of systems support staff to manage the Libraries' server infrastructure supporting our web applications and related services. Develops, documents and implements server administration policies and processes. Maintains and troubleshoots hardware, software, and network issues. Ensures system integrity, reliability, responsiveness, security and compliance with library policies. Maintains a regular backup schedule and off-site backup storage.
Develops and implements technology plans to keep existing library services operational and to implement new services in collaboration with Libraries staff and stakeholders.
Works with Washington University Information Technology and campus technology organizations to maximize campus-wide shared technology services.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in information management in a higher-education context, or equivalent experience;
* Demonstrated understanding of issues related to university-wide information systems and technology
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff.
* Familiarity with best practices and procedures for managing library technologies within an academic library;
* An understanding of the information needs of a research library serving students, faculty, community members, and international scholars;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Experience defining technology needs related to library spaces and collections.
* Master's degree in information systems
* Ability to work productively in teams;
* Significant technical and supervisory experience in a hybrid technology environment consisting of Windows, Macs, Linux, and mobile systems.