Research and Instructional Services Librarian - Marquette University
**Research and Instructional Services Librarian**
Marquette University Raynor Memorial Libraries seeks a Research and
Instructional Services Librarian. The successful candidate will serve as a
resource for digital scholarship as well as provide user-centered services in
support of teaching, research, and scholarship for the Departments of History
and Foreign Languages and Literature. This position reports to the Head of
Research and Instructional Services.
• Serve as subject liaison librarian to the History and the Foreign Languages
and Literatures Departments
a. Assume responsibility for the selection, management and
evaluation of information resources that support the curricular and research
needs of the faculty and students of the Departments.
b. Engage in collaborations with faculty to integrate
information literacy into the curriculum.
c. Develop research guides and other instructional
materials that facilitate the use of information resources and services.
d. Maintain regular communication with the departments of
library-related news and developments of interest to the faculty and students.
e. Keep abreast of trends and developments in information
resources and scholarly communication.
• Work independently and collaboratively to support the library's digital
• Consult with faculty and students on a range of library issues, including
scholarly communication, digital initiatives, the use and development of
online tools, copyright, and data management, as appropriate.
• Provide reference service at the library's Information Desk.
• Contribute to and learn from the profession through such avenues as local,
state, and national professional organizations, presentations, and
**Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
• MLS from an ALA accredited Institution
• Bachelor's degree in history or related field
• Knowledge of digital tools and methodologies used to support digital
• Experience providing instruction or training
• Strong commitment to patron service and support
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work with colleagues in collaborative and team
environments as well as independently
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and an ability to work with a diverse
student body, faculty, and staff
• Commitment to professional development
**Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
• Master's degree in History
• Working knowledge of a second language
• Experience with digital scholarship tools and approaches (e.g. text mining,
data visualization, image analysis)
• Experience with assessment tools and techniques
• Demonstrated liaison experience in an academic library setting
• Collection management experience
Appointment at Assistant or Associate Librarian rank.
Marquette University is an independent, Catholic, Jesuit doctoral-granting
institution with an enrollment of 12,000 located near downtown Milwaukee. Two
adjacent and connected library buildings seat 2,150 and house a 1.7 million
volume collection, 500 networked resources, and over 22,000 electronic
For full consideration, submit application online by April 15, 2016 to the
University's application site: http://employment.marquette.edu/postings/5729
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25151/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/