NExpress Coordinator and ILS Systems Manager
Northeast Kansas Library System
[Full Job Description information](http://nekls.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03
The [Northeast Kansas Library System](http://www.nekls.org) (NEKLS) in
[Lawrence, KS](http://explorelawrence.com/), has an opening and we're looking
for a diplomatic applicant with lots of energy, enthusiasm, and excellent
customer service skills to come work with us!
**NExpress Coordinator and ILS Systems Manager**: Opportunity for a creative librarian who will enjoy the challenge of managing a large regional shared consortia catalog, with 42 public libraries and 1 school district ([public catalog](https://catalog.nexpresslibrary.org)). The system runs on the [Koha ILS](http://www.koha-community.org), an open source ILS used all over the world.
* Providing overall management, support, and coordination of the NExpress ILS and consortia, including balancing needs of consortia with local library needs
* Coordinating operations of NExpress team
* Maintaining data quality of NExpress records and database
* Coordinating with participating libraries and ILS support vendor regarding system features and bugs, migrations, upgrades, and software developments
* Providing NExpress training to participating libraries, including planning & leading quarterly NExpress users group meetings
* Participating in the international Koha community
Qualified candidates will meet the following:
* MLS degree preferred and 3 or more years of prior library experience is required.
* Experience with integrated library automation system software is required.
* Knowledge of cataloging best practices, database management (MySQL), web languages (HTML, CSS, JQuery), web CMS platforms (WordPress and LibGuides) is highly preferred.
See the [full job description, including qualification list](http://nekls.org
Excellent salary ($50,000-$53,000) and benefits package, including complete
health, dental, and vision coverage (single and family), short-term and long-
term disability insurance, and retirement options. Position is open until
Evaluation of applications will begin on April 15, 2016 and will continue
until position is filled. Estimated start date is on or around July 1, 2016.
For questions, please contact Laura DeBaun, NEKLS Director, at
[log in to unmask]
Apply with cover letter, resume and references list by emailing Carolyn
Little, Courier Coordinator, at [log in to unmask] Please use the subject line
NExpress Coordinator Job Application. NEKLS is an equal opportunity employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25060/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/