Digital Collections Content Coordinator
Dallas Museum of Art
The Dallas Museum of Art seeks a Digital Collections Content Coordinator for a
20 hour per week, grant-funded position. This position will
be a temporary role with the museum through November 30, 2016, subject to
change with prior notification from the museum. Working as
a part of the Digital Collections Content Team under the leadership of the
Interpretation Manager, the Digital Collections Content Coordinator is
responsible for producing digital collections content focused on our
Decorative Arts and Design collection that reflects the highest standards of
quality and scholarship while remaining accessible to a broad public audience
both online and in the galleries. Using tools created by the DMA's software
and technology teams, the Digital Collections Content Coordinator will create,
digitize, and aggregate content to support the interpretation and
understanding of art works from the Museum's permanent collection and long-
Working closely with the Collections Database Registrar, the Digital
Collections Content Coordinator will also review collections metadata records
to improve the quality and consistency of collections metadata across the
permanent collections in accordance with best practices in the field for
The Dallas Museum of Art is both a responsible steward of cultural heritage
and a trusted advocate for the essential place of art in the lives of people
locally and around the globe. The DMA is transparent, ethical, and takes
informed risks. It promotes research, dialogue, and public participation,
helping to reveal the insights of artists from every continent over the last
* Digitize, aggregate, and author digital content in support of the DMA's Decorative Arts and Design collection and in order to ensure quality and consistency of collection content.
* Review of object metadata in the Museum's collection management system (TMS) by checking facts, validating consistency, and verifying primary image selection.
* Collect data and information from verifiable sources related to DMA artworks.
* Take direction from the Interpretation Manager in order to achieve the critical aspects of an interpretive strategy that fulfills the needs of the DMA's online collection.
* Work with DMA's Collection Database Manager and Imaging Department to ensure that collections data and images are consistent, accurate, and complete whenever possible.
* Work closely with DMA Curators under the leadership of the Interpretation Manager to ensure that digital collections content reflects the highest standards of quality and scholarship.
* Participate in ongoing evaluations that integrate visitor research and evaluation into the design and development of digital interpretive content for the permanent collection.
* Collaborate with Editorial staff and follows house style in all written materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Master's Degree in Art History or related field required.
* Knowledge of and/or experience in decorative arts and design or American art required.
* Experience working in a museum setting in a curatorial, education, or digital media role desired.
* Excellent writing and strong research skills; strong digital content skills and experience using web tools preferred.
* Prior experience in meeting strict deadlines under limited supervision preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Proven ability to work productively within a team required.
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff
and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25043/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/