Harvard Art Museums
The [Harvard Art Museums](http://harvardartmuseums.org) is seeking a
Technology Fellow to support and develop projects in the Lightbox Gallery
([https://vimeo.com/151150924](https://vimeo.com/151150924)), the museums
public research and development environment. Projects are produced in
collaboration with the Division of Academic and Public Programs and university
partners. Past partners include Harvard metaLAB and the Harvard-Smithsonian
Center for Astrophysics. Throughout the 2016 fall semester the candidate will
work with new campus partners to develop projects that will explore how the
Lightbox can be used as a classroom and as a place for experimental data
This is a 12 month fellowship, with the possibility of renewal for a second
Apply at [https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerID=2524
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Write code, setup virtual servers, explore open source projects, and experiment with technology as it pertains to the museums and the Lightbox.
* Participate in and at times lead an iterative development process that includes brainstorming sessions, building functional prototypes, and running review sessions with collaborators.
* Work with staff from the division of academic and public programs to plan the schedule of events and projects in the Lightbox.
* Write and deploy production ready code, document projects, and provide support for projects once they are deployed.
* Conduct research on existing and emerging technology that helps strengthen the mission to preserve, document, present, and interpret the museums' collections and resources in the context of the Lightbox.
* Document findings and report on which technologies are worth exploring further.
* Collaborate with partners within the university on projects to integrate the museums more fully in to Harvard curriculum.
* Give a talk on your work at relevant museums events and then in an expanded form at relevant conferences.
Advanced degree in art history, new media, media arts, digital humanities,
computer science, or a related field
Experience with programming, modern web frameworks, application automation,
database systems, APIs, and cloud based services like AWS and Heroku
An aptitude for applying new technologies quickly and effectively; comfort
with a diverse set of hardware and software technology; knowledge of The
Museums System (TMS) or museum cataloguing practices is a plus; willingness to
take apart a technology, figure out how every bit works, and then reconstruct
it in the most meaningful way for the project at hand; flexibility,
adaptability, and a collaborative demeanor; excellent writing and verbal
skills; project management skills.
Please note: The Harvard Art Museums requires pre-employment screening for all
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25100/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/