Library Information Systems Computer Analyst, Oboler Library (5035)
Posting Number: req336
12 Month Full-Time
Pocatello - Main
Administer the Library’s supported information systems. Work in a collegial
environment to implement emerging information technologies specific to
library systems and resources.
A. Administers and coordinates all activities related to EZProxy
authentication software for remote access to library’s licensed electronic
resources. These activities include:
B. Installs and maintains Envisionware’s PC Reservation software for
controlled access to library’s public computers and at remote library
C. Administers and coordinates all activities related to Windows 2008/12
server and Windows 7/10 public computers.
D. Administers and coordinates all activities related to for LOCKSS server
which provides perpetual journal access.
E. Administers and coordinates all activities related to DeepFreeze and LPT
F. Administers and coordinates all activities related to LAMP server which
houses the Library’s Wikis and Blogs.
G. Administers and coordinates all activities related to installation,
maintenance and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software in the
H. Assist in maintaining Voyager, the Library’s Integrated Library System
I. Perform one-on-one staff user training, as needed.
K. Participates in Reference Desk duty.
L. Participates in professional activities, including membership on library
committees and task forces, membership in professional groups, and
J. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability and desire to learn academic library functions, routines, and
• Basic understanding of network infrastructure
• Basic understanding of desktop computers, including installation of
• Basic understanding of the client/server environment
• Basic understanding of mobile technology
• Basic familiarity with the cloud computing environment
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office Access or SQL
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and evolving Web
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
team based environment
• Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze problems, develop
and implement creative solutions
• Good organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication
• A desire to explore new technologies relevant to library services
• A desire to implement new security procedures as new technologies are
• ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library Science or equivalent
• Basic understanding of library routines, functions, and/or library
• Experience developing and supporting web-based services
• Experience working in a UNIX environment, Solaris preferred
• Experience working with LAMP servers
• Basic understanding of integrated library systems
• Basic understanding of library standards (e.g., MARC, Dublin Core)
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Resume, Cover Letter, and a list of 3 professional references
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 16,
2016. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Salary will be $37,250 annually commensurate with education and experience.
Includes a competitive benefits package.
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Eli M. Oboler Library
Idaho State University
850 S. 9th Ave., Stop 8089
Pocatello, ID 83209
[log in to unmask]