Digital Projects Coordinator (full time equivalent)
Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños
New York City
**Location:** Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College,
East Building, 68th ST & Lexington Ave
**Schedule: **Mon-Friday, 35 hour work week
**Start Date: **Available immediately
**Closing Date: **Open until filled
**Compensation:** Commensurate with work experiences, salary history and falls
within established university guidelines. Position is full time equivalent
(comprised of 2 part time funding sources). Limited fringe benefits available.
**Assignments & Supervision:**
Work assignments may vary depending upon library and archival project needs.
under the supervision of the Digital Archivist, and may oversee the work of
assistants for specific projects.
• Coordinates the implementation of assigned digital projects
• Contributes to the development of digital collections.
• Enforce best practices for processing, quality control, content management,
and preservation of
digital collections according to national standards.
• Solve problems, answer questions and provide technical solutions to
supervisor and staff.
• Oversee training and supervision of other project team members.
• Maintain statistics and prepare official project reports as requested.
• Responsible for technical aspects of digital project outcomes.
• Knowledge of Puerto Rican history and culture with special emphasis on
knowledge of digital
humanities regarding Puerto Ricans in the United States and an excellent grasp
in Puerto Rican studies including digital based resources desired.
• A Master's degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent. Any
education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities
may be considered
such as a Bachelor's degree plus two years' experience involving digitization
in a library, archives,
or museum environment.
• Knowledge of the methodologies, including digital imaging and recording
creating reproductions of primary source materials.
• Working experience with structured data, digital object standards, and
metadata formats and
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make constructive
interpret and apply policies and procedures, and perform work in various
numerous and diverse demands are involved.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills at a professional
level in both
Spanish and English.
• Understanding of digital library/archives challenges and trends.
• Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and
• Experience working as a team member, organizing staff time management and
• Experience with databases and software, including content management systems
Collective Access and intranet/document management systems such as SharePoint.
• Familiarity or knowledge of digital preservation issues and experience
handling rare and delicate
archival and library materials.
• Working knowledge of copyright law and fair use.
**To apply: **Forward cover letter, resume and contact information for 2 professional references via emailto Jose deJesus, Associate Director for Operations, Center for Puerto Rican Studies, Hunter College,CUNY at [log in to unmask] . The subject line of the email should read: Digital ProjectsCoordinator. Telephone queries: 212-772-5706.
**About the Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College**
The**Center for Puerto Rican
Studies**is a research institute
dedicated to the study and interpretation ofthe Puerto
Rican experience in the United States, producing and disseminating relevant
interdisciplinaryresearch. Centro also collects preserves
and provides access to library and archival
resourcesdocumenting Puerto Rican history and heritage. We
seek to link scholarship to social action and
policydebates, and to contribute to the betterment of our
community and enrichment of Puerto Ricanstudies.
**Hunter College,** located in the heart of Manhattan, is the largest college in the City University of NewYork (CUNY). Founded in 1870, it is also one of the oldest public colleges in the country.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25198/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/