Manager of Technology, School of Library and Information Science
The SLIS Technology Manager oversees the provision of technology support and
access to technology and related spaces for SLIS faculty, staff, and students
in all SLIS degree programs and post-master's certificates. Particular focus
is on discipline-specific library and information science applications,
systems, and space used to support the MSLIS degree program to meet
accreditation standards. The Manager coordinates closely with the other
technology groups and teams on campus.
* Provides access, training and support for a range of technologies.
* Manages the SLIS Technology Team to provide support and services to students, faculty and staff.
* Manages SLIS Technology budget.
* Serves as a liaison to Simmons College Information Technology (IT) for operational issues, collaborative projects and committees. Coordinates to maintain and upgrade hardware, software and services.
* Assists in website updates.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Master's degree in Library/Information Science, or related academic technology field preferred
* 3+ years of experience with academic technology
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Library and Information Science (LIS) field
* Strong technology experience, particularly as relates to LIS
* Solid written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving competency; resourcefulness
* Proven ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
* Effectiveness within a team environment, both as a member and in managing a team
* Required technology experience:
* Operating Systems: Windows and Mac
* Applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver, File Maker Pro, Adobe Acrobat
* Markup languages: HTML, CSS, XML
* Familiarity with web application tools preferred: MySQL, PHP
**Instructions to Applicants**
Please be prepared to upload a resume, a cover letter addressing the
requirements of the position, and list of three professional references in the
_As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications
broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25268/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/