PT Digital Archives Assistant
WiLS is hiring!
On behalf of the Recollection Wisconsin consortium, WiLS is seeking a Digital
Archives Assistant for a one-year, part-time position. This position will work
in conjunction with the Recollection Wisconsin Program Manager to carry out
the activities of the National Endowment for the Humanities grant project,
"Listening to War: Uncovering Wisconsin's Wartime Oral Histories."
I. Administer a statewide survey to identify oral history collections
documenting Wisconsin residents' experiences of war in the 20th century, held
by Wisconsin libraries, archives, historical societies, museums, schools and
other cultural heritage institutions.
II. Through phone conversations or site visits, conduct follow-up assessments
with cultural heritage institutions to gather information about intellectual
content, formats, condition and accessibility of collections, including
information regarding degradation, obsolescence risk factors, and research and
instructional value of the collection.
III. Provide administrative support for Grant Advisory Committee, including
scheduling meetings; creating meeting notes; developing, maintaining, and
monitoring project plans.
IV. In conjunction with the Grant Advisory Committee, compile best practices
for small cultural heritage institutions related to the creation and
dissemination of oral histories.
V. Promote the project to the cultural heritage community and the general
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a humanities discipline.
* Ability to collaborative effectively with staff and volunteers representing a broad range of experience, resources and skills.
* Ability to complete tasks independently, with minimal supervision and with a high level of accuracy.
* Ability to effectively communicate in person, in writing, by phone, and through distance technologies.
* Ability to plan and manage projects.
* Access to high speed Internet.
* Access to own transportation, ability to travel around the state as needed, and a valid Wisconsin driver's license.
* Relevant knowledge and experience with audio and video archival materials, including best practices, standards, and current trends in preservation and digitization.
* Familiarity with oral history standards and best practices
* Knowledge of Wisconsin history and/or 20th century military history
Salary is $27,000 for a one-year, 75% position (30 hours/week) beginning June
To learn more about the goals and outcomes of the planning grant, see the
If you have specific questions about the job, please contact Recollection
Wisconsin Program Manager Emily Pfotenhauer at 608-616-9756 or [log in to unmask]
To apply, send a letter of inquiry, resume or cv, and contact information for
three professional references to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25253/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/