Below is a job posting for working here at the National Library of New Zealand.
Type: Fixed Term (12 months)
Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $58,678 - $69,032
Do you want to apply your IT expertise to collecting New Zealand's published digital heritage for current and future generations? This is a developing role where you will be able to really make a difference to how the National Library collects digital publications.
We are looking for someone with an understanding of the digital environment who can help us to develop and utilise smart ways of acquiring, ingesting and making available the electronic published heritage of New Zealand.
The primary purpose of the Digital Collecting Specialist is to support the efficient acquisition and description of digital content deposited by publishers or collected from the Internet.
* Assist with publications being ingested from the public Internet and from direct transfers from depositors into the National Digital Heritage Archive (NDHA)
* Develop stable ingest mechanisms for the bulk ingest of digital content, utilising existing APIs and in-house systems
* Train and support staff in the transition of new ingest mechanisms to business-as-usual
* Identify and utilise sources of metadata to populate descriptive records
* Develop and maintain policy and process documentation
An understanding of metadata standards, content repositories and catalogues, together with knowledge of Internet technologies is required. You will also need experience with coding language (Python strongly preferred), and a good working knowledge of text encodings and APIs
A tertiary qualification in information technology is required, or being able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience in this field.
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here<http://www.bfound.net/Company/164-20160503141839.pdf>
Jay Gattuso | Digital Preservation Analyst | Preservation, Research and Consultancy
National Library of New Zealand | Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
PO Box 1467 Wellington 6140 New Zealand | +64 (0)4 474 3064
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>