Apologies for cross-posting.???
For those who want to join us in Newark in June, early registration is open until May 23 - hotel deadline is May 19 (See below).
ACM/IEEE JCDL 2016
Joint Conference on Digital Libraries
June 19-23, 2016
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The theme of JCDL 2016 is Big Libraries, Big Data, Big Innovation. As more
of our interaction with libraries happens digitally, interfaces and tools
for access have become increasingly important. An important issue for
digital libraries is how to provide users with improved access to
materials. We have big data -- how can we help scholars use those
resources to make new discoveries in their own fields?
This year's conference will feature 3 tutorials, a doctoral consortium, 7
paper sessions, 2 panels, 3 keynotes, 39 posters/demos, and 5 co-located
We are especially excited about our keynote speakers
* June 20 - Maria Zemankova, National Science Foundation (NSF), "Future
Digital Libraries: Research and Responsibilities"
* June 21 - Rachel Frick, Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), "The
State of Practice and Use of Digital Collections: the Digital Public
Library of America as a platform for research"
* June 22 - Stephen Bury, New York Art Resources Consortium (NYARC), "The
Energy of Delusion: The New York Art Resources Consortium (NYARC) & The
* May 19 - hotel deadline (http://www.jcdl2016.org/accommodations)
* May 23 - early registration deadline (http://www.jcdl2016.org/registration)
Full program details are available at http://www.jcdl2016.org/program
We hope you will join us in Newark!?
Robert H. McDonald
Associate Dean for Library Technologies
Deputy Director-Data to Insight Center, Pervasive Technology Institute
1320 East 10th Street
Herman B Wells Library 234
Bloomington, IN 47405