Asst Head of Technical Services & Systems
Parkland Regional Library (Alberta, Canada)
Parkland Regional Library is looking for an Assistant Head of Technical
Services and Systems. This is a great position for someone with a strong
technological aptitude, who thrives through teamwork and is motivated by a
learning environment. If you enjoy solving complex problems and contributing
to public and community services, this position could be for you.
The Assistant Head position includes a variety of duties such as working with
our ILS (Horizon) and discovery layer (Enterprise). This
position also assists with management of the following departments:
Acquisitions, Cataloguing, Processing, Shipping/Receiving, Interlibrary Loans,
The first major project for this position in 2016 will involve transitioning
our cataloguing department to RDA.
• Creative approach to problem solving and aptitude for on-the-spot
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to create new processes that staff can
follow to accomplish work efficiently.
• Cataloguing knowledge and experience, including experience with RDA.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience with other areas of Technical Services such as interlibrary loans
• ALA-accredited postgraduate degree in library science or equivalent.
• Management experience.
• Prior maintenance of an ILS or discovery layer, especially Horizon or
• Knowledge of SQL.
• Understanding of interlibrary loan software and how it integrates into an
ILS. (We use VDX with an NCIP connection to Horizon.)
• Experience providing eResource support to staff or patrons.
Occasional travel will be required and applicants must be in possession of a
valid driver's license.
Parkland Regional Library is a welcoming workplace which values cooperation,
innovation, and service. We provide leadership, learning, and support to 49
central Alberta libraries in areas such as library management, human
resources, governance, technical services, information technology and resource
sharing. As a learning organization, professional development is expected,
encouraged and supported. Parkland is headquartered in Lacombe, a vibrant
community with easy access to Edmonton, Calgary, and the Rocky Mountains.
This is a permanent, full-time position (35 hrs/wk) starting immediately.
Annual salary range is $50,531 - $74,657 with a competitive benefits package.
Please email applications to [log in to unmask] The competition will remain
open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26010/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/