Reference and Instruction Librarian (Business)
State University of New York at Geneseo
SUNY Geneseo's Milne Library invites applications for a full-time, tenure-
track, reference and instruction librarian. This individual will serve as
liaison to the School of Business, the Center for Inquiry, Discovery and
Development, and other campus programs associated with business,
entrepreneurship, service learning, and career services.
We are looking for a team member with a commitment to user services who can
thrive in an environment that encourages experimentation and creativity. The
ideal candidate will have a commitment to collaborative work and strong
View the complete job description and apply online: [https://jobs.geneseo.edu/
* In collaboration with library colleagues and department faculty, develop and provide specialized information literacy instruction for the School of Business and other departments as needed.
* Provide research support and outreach to academic departments, student services, and community programs related to entrepreneurship, business, undergraduate research, and applied learning.
* Develop the library's evolving program for undergraduate library reference interns and work with library staff to develop applied learning opportunities within Milne library.
* Participate in the library's general instruction program for undergraduates.
* Engage in collection development and information resources management.
* Develop and manage online resources and tools (such as subject guides, tutorials, and assessments) to support information literacy instruction.
* In collaboration with librarians, faculty, and staff, support digital scholarship initiatives.
* Participate in the library's scholarly communication program with a focus on staying current with scholarly communication developments in business related fields and fostering a dialog with School of Business faculty and students.
* Participate on library teams in support of the library's mission.
* Master's degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign equivalent.
* Reference service experience.
* Teaching experience.
* Experience using business resources or databases.
* Experience supervising student employees or interns.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a collaborative environment.
* Knowledge of and ability to learn new technologies and their applications to instruction.
Review of completed applications will begin upon receipt. To be guaranteed
consideration, applications must be completed by **June 28, 2016**.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26225/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/