Digital Collection / Asset Management Product Manager
Product Manager - Digital Asset Management/Collections
SaaS company looking for a Digital Collections / Digital Asset Management
Product Manager for the library industry. Auto-Graphics is a leading SaaS
manufacturer in the Public Library space. The Product Manager will be
primarily responsible for product design and management of Auto-Graphics,
Inc's MONTAGEdc (digital collection) software. Digital asset management and or
digital collection experience is required. Library industry knowledge and
experience preferred. You will need experience in the design and management of
a software product. You do not need to have software development and writing
code experience. This is a true Product Manager position. You must have
Product Management experience and Digital Asset Management experience. Salary
commensurate with experience. $60,000 to $70,000 range.
Extensive Product Manager experience is a must. Have a basic understanding of
the Library Science. MLIS preferred but not required. Need experience working
with assigning metadata, digitizing materials, managing a digital collection
or other digital library-related work. Experience with managing a digital
collection and other digital library-related tasks. Experience working with
CONTENTdm or equivalent digital assets management system. Archives management
background. RDA experience or training a plus. Experience with Open Archives
Initiative (OAI) harvesting.
1. Understand and have experience in the software product manager process.
2. Knowledge of digital library data and the digital library reference model.
3. An understanding of the software development process and a product
manager's role in the process.
4. The ability to make decisions about direction of the product, what features
should be added, tweaked, removed, etc.
5. A deep understanding of the product so you can train the sales team, and
customers as needed, on its proper usage.
6. Be able to support the marketing and sales groups in
understanding the product and how best to demonstrate and utilize.
7. Understand so as to write white-papers, blog posts, and provide data for
marketing the product.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26393/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/