Digital Archives Manager
New York Philharmonic
New York Philharmonic Archives seeks a** Digital Archives Manager** to oversee
the operation of the Leon Levy Digital Archives, a growing repository of
millions of pages of archival material made publicly available at
[http://archives.nyphil.org](http://archives.nyphil.org). This position is
based in the Archives and interfaces heavily with the Information Technology
department as well as external technology partners.
• Work with internal and external technology partners to maintain and extend
functionality of the Alfresco-based Digital Archives platform.
• Oversee, and modify as needed, physical and digital workflows for efficient
in-house digitization of paper-based content.
• Supervise project staff, interns, and photographers to effectively implement
• Liaise with IT and Digital Media departments to integrate current born
digital material with the digitized archives that includes audio and video
• Evaluate platforms, services, and applications which may be integrated into
existing technologies to enhance the functionality of the Digital Archives.
• Work closely with Archives staff to shape additional grant-funded projects
and help draft proposals and reports.
• Maintain and foster use of New York Philharmonic Open Data, including
regularly-updated performance history data hosted on GitHub.
• Represent the New York Philharmonic at conferences, working groups, and
meetings within the digital archives industry.
• Maintain the Archives-related areas on the New York Philharmonic website.
• Manage additional digital projects within the Archives department as needed
and assist with IT issues as related to the Archives.
• M.A. in Archival Management or Library Information Science (MLS degree) -
digital emphasis required
• 3-5 years management level experience in a non-profit service or government
organization preferably dealing with electronic records
• Demonstrated project management (including scope and budget skills) and
digital product development skills.
• Strong understanding of databases and working knowledge of a variety of
digital content formats and standards (e.g. XML/XSLT, JSON, OAI-PMH,
• Experience managing server-side and/or client-side applications using Java,
• Deep knowledge of a variety of productivity applications, database systems,
and graphic editors.
• Technologically savvy with ability to keep abreast of developments within
the tech industry.
• Ability to draft and maintain clear documentation and policies for
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to accomplish goals with limited resources and a vibrant team
• Keen attention to detail, great organization, flexibility in accommodating
rapid change, resourcefulness and ingenuity, the ability to cope well with
pressure, and a strong achievement orientation tempered by respect for
• Previous experience with Alfresco or other Enterprise Content Management
system a plus.
• An enthusiasm for classical music and history is highly valued.
**Please send resume including salary history/requirements to: [log in to unmask] Please indicate position for which you are applying in the subject line. We regret that we will only be able to respond to applicants being considered for interviews. No phone calls please. EOE.**
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26261/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/