Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer
Seton Hall University Libraries
Job no: 492539
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs advanced technical and creative work essential to the University
Libraries collections, services, and digital initiatives. Develop and
implement digital library applications across multiple environments and
operating platforms, including: tools for library web content management,
digital collection repositories, and collection management. The Developer
manages technical projects and assures that deadlines are met and deliverables
• Contributes to project development paths and learn new skills as emerging
projects require them. The Developer configures, supports and manages library
systems that facilitate internal library workflows.
• Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies and determines
appropriate ways to integrate these technologies into projects involving
students and faculty.
• Supervises the work of others, presenting excellent UI designs and workflows
to internal and external stakeholders, developing excellent documentation for
user guides and system reports. Developing budget recommendations, reviewing
expenses against budget, contracting with outside
• Bachelor's degree (Technology or other related field) or related experience;
1-3 years installing & configuring LAMP apps; HMTL/XML, CSS. Work experience
requirement may be met with a combination of: education beyond the bachelor's
degree, internships, practicums and professional work experience to include at
least one year of web development experience including PHP, MySQL, HTML / CSS,
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Project management skills.
• Familiarity with institutional repository systems, such as Digital Commons,
curation and publishing systems, OMEKA, digital asset management system,
CONTENTdm, and collection management software, AT and ArchivesSpace;
Experience investigating, implementing, and customizing Open Source software;
experience with version control, test-driven development, and continuous
integration techniques. Integrated library systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of digital library practices, data curation, and data
formats, including XML and Dublin Core; Demonstrated knowledge of and
experience with long-term digital preservation tools, standards, and best
practices; Experience with data migration. Ruby on Rails, Apache, Solr,
Lucene, Java, JSON; client and server side scripting.
• Familiarity with data formats including XSLT, EAD, MARC. Familiarity with UI
frameworks such as Bootstrap.
• Experience with system administration. Working knowledge of software version
control/code repository systems, preferably Git/Github. Demonstrated desire to
learn new scripting languages, techniques, and technology tools. Team
leadership. Knowledge of web archiving tools and best practices. Knowledge of
semantic web tools and standards.
• Master's degree (Technology or other field).
• Administrative: A180
• General office environment
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26609/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/