Manages development of print and digital collections for Tutt Library.
• Lead the Collection Development Work Group in planning collection
initiatives, evaluating major purchases and developing policies.
• Collaborate with the Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian in managing
• Evaluate consortia purchases and negotiates with vendors for optimal pricing
• Represent Colorado College as a member of the Alliance Shared Collection
• Serve as liaison to the Center for Research Libraries and a member of their
Undergraduate Research Working Group.
• Serve as advisor on matters related to cataloging standards and best
practices, including RDA. Works with cataloging staff and vendors on batch
loads and maintenance of digital records.
• Provide leadership and direction for staff in acquisitions, processing, and
cataloging; conduct annual and ongoing performance feedback; support
professional development of staff; facilitates work flow and communication
between staff in cataloging, acquisitions and serials.
• Provide oversight, with the Circulation and Periodicals departments, for
stacks maintenance, including inventory of the circulating and reference
collections; periodical and monograph withdrawal projects and shifting
• Manage gifts from internal and external donors to include communicating and
assessing suitability of donations in consultation with the Library Archivist.
• Work with the Preservation and Processing Coordinator in evaluating damaged
materials for replacement or mending.
• Responsible for training librarians in use of selection tools, including
GOBI and Choice.
• Select a wide variety of scholarly materials for purchase by the library;
selects curriculum-related materials for the Collections Librarian's liaison
• Provide annual and ongoing analyses of areas of responsibility, including
evaluation of workflows and staffing levels.
• Collect analyses and reports collections statistics to the Library Director,
• Initiate, implement and manage special projects that enhance the relevance
of the collections, including weeding.
• Serve as library liaison to one or more assigned departments or programs ;
collaborate with all liaison librarians in the design and delivery of library
instruction programs; provide bibliographic instruction and develop supporting
collections for assigned department(s); participate in instruction for first
year (FYE) program.
• Serve as one of a team of librarians providing reference service to library
users, including instructing patrons in the use of library materials; maintain
current knowledge of both print and online sources in all academic fields of
• Participate in shared professional staff responsibilities for library policy
decisions and project planning through committee and work group assignments.
• Participate in the life of the college through committee and volunteer
• Contribute to the profession and maintain professional knowledge through
participation in appropriate state, regional, and national library
o Support and contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity at
Colorado College and work effectively with the many constituencies in a
o Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a
safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following
college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
o Act in a socially responsible manner and model environmental sustainability
by exercising financial prudence, using college resources wisely, and
supporting ecological initiatives and innovation.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited institution ; plus a minimum
of five years of post MLS professional experience; broad knowledge of
collection processes and issues in academic libraries; supervisory experience;
cataloging experience and experience as an advisor on cataloging best
practices and standards reference experience; excellent communication skills
and ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment.
Understanding and experience in III Millennium; budget management; experience
in an undergraduate liberal arts institution.
Posting Date: 07/05/2016
Application Deadline (at 11:59 PM Mountain Time): 07/19/2016
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is being reposted. If you previously applied, you do not need to
You must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26602/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/