Instructional Design Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City - Miller Nichols Library
The Learning & Research Department at Miller Nichols Library at UMKC seeks a
creative, curious, motivated individual with a strong commitment to public
service to serve as the Instructional Design Librarian. This newly formed
position will support face to face and distance learning through the
development of instructional materials utilizing emerging technologies that
enhance the learning experience of students and faculty.
The position will have primary responsibility for:
* Collaborating with instruction and liaison librarians to develop and assess learning modules and instructional materials for online formats in general education and upper level courses.
* Working with Library and University instruction specialists to develop, maintain, and assess effective user interfaces for students and faculty.
* Developing training and support for subject librarians in regards to online pedagogy, instructional technologies, active learning, and instructional design practices.
The position will also serve as a liaison for one or more academic subject
areas and with [UMKC Online](http://online.umkc.edu/).
Miller Nichols Library is the largest library at a mid-sized university in the
heart of Kansas City's vibrant, socially-conscious, and affordable community.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity and
multiculturalism and strives to create a welcoming environment where faculty
and staff feel valued for their contribution. The UMKC University Libraries
are in the midst of several facility upgrades that will enhance student
learning with collaborative learning spaces and technologies. These will allow
us to further build upon our [innovative general education information
discourse/research_essentials.cfm). The Libraries makes a commitment to
supporting and developing all library faculty so that they may be successful
in meeting university, library, and personal goals.
Master's degree in Library Science (MLS, MSLS, MLIS, etc.) from an ALA-
* Familiarity in the field of technological innovations impacting the pedagogy and delivery of information literacy concepts.
* Demonstrated experience in the creation of effective and engaging online learning objects.
* Natural curiosity and habitual experimentation with new technologies.
* Ability to set and follow through on individual and team priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to work positively and productively with diverse constituencies in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent oral, written, planning, and interpersonal skills.
* Potential to meet promotion requirements in non-tenure track appointment.
* Experience, coursework, or a master's degree from an accredited institution in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a related field.
* Professional experience in an academic library setting.
* Experience in integrating learning objects into learning management systems.
* Classroom teaching experience, with experience or interest in active learning.
* Knowledge of web and online accessibility standards, principles, and practices.
**Salary: **This is a 12 month, non-tenure track faculty position. Salary is commensurate with rank and experience. (See the [Promotion and Appointments Criteria](http://library.umkc.edu/sites/default/files/lib-council/Promotion-Criteria-Document-1-2014-10-22-revised.pdf) for rank specifications.) Minimum salaries by rank are as follows: Librarian I $44,000; Librarian II $46,500; Librarian III $49,500. UMKC also offers an excellent retirement/benefits package.
**Application Instructions: **Application materials must be submitted online at [http://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/](http://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/). Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying curriculum vitae, a list of 3 references, and an example of, or link to, a work product that demonstrates skills applicable to instructional design) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
Applications received by **July 17, 2016** will receive priority
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if
you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
You may address your cover letter to: Mardi Mahaffy, Search Committee Chair.
For inquiries about the position, please contact 816-235-1531 or [umkcula@umkc
.edu](mailto:[log in to unmask]
UMKC is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26551/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/