Librarian, Technology & Metadata Librarian
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, New York
he Technology and Metadata Librarian integrates new technologies and new
approaches to the delivery of information into library operations. This
position also provides support for the Rensselaer Libraries' digital asset
management system and digital projects.
* ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 (two) years library work experience including experience with integrated library systems
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively with others in a rapidly-changing environment
* Proficiency in a technological environment with an ability to acquire new technologies
* Understanding of emerging library technologies
* Proficiency with digital asset management and linking software
* Proficiency with XML and HTML
* Cataloging experience or training in cataloging/metadata, included demonstrated knowledge of OCLC, MARC formats, Dublin Core, and other metadata schema.
* Effective oral and written communication skills
To apply please visit: http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/3728
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26639/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/