Software developer in research project
Mannheim University Library
Mannheim University Library seeks a software developer for the research
project [Aktienfuhrer II](https://bib.uni-mannheim.de/1471.html?&L=1) funded
by the German Research Foundation (DFG). The project will focus on the
application of optical character recognition (OCR) and language processing
tools for large-scale digitization of financial yearbooks from print to
structured research data.
* Software development
* OCR and semi-automatic post-correction
* Fine-grained automatic structuring of the recognized text including tests and adjustments
* Database import and tuning
* Data normalization, matching, enrichment
* Web development, including search and export interfaces
* Project management
* Master's degree (or comparable)
* Strong coding skills
* Quick thinker and team player
* Eager to learn and apply new technologies
* German speaker
* Interest in image processing, document analysis, optical character recognition, text processing
* Enthusiasm for Open Source
* Working knowledge of Git and GitHub
* UNIX shell and scriptinglanguages
* Know-how in markup and data formats (JSON, XML, YAML, CSV...)
* Interest in modern deployment and Continuous Integration strategies (Docker, Travis CI…)
* a challenging and versatile occupationin a baroque castle
* various possibilities for trainingand further education
* subsidized public transport ticket (RNV)
* flexible working hours
The position will be available for **24 months**. The salary is according to
university pay scale (**E 13 TV-L**).
The university advocates the equality of women and men and therefore
encourages women to apply. Applicants with disabilities will be given
preference, if equally qualified.
Apply until **September 23rd, 2016**!
mannheim.de/30.html) for the details.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/27194/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/