Content Coordinator – National Network for Equitable Library Service
BC Libraries Cooperative
The [BC Libraries Cooperative](https://libraries.coop) is a
non-profit, member-driven cooperative providing several high availability
services to members across Canada. The Co-op uses primarily open source tools
and contemporary development methodologies and hosting practices.
As service partner to the [National Network for Equitable Library
Service](https://nnels.ca) (NNELS), the Co-op is hiring a full-time (35
hours/week) Content Coordinator. As a vital member of a lean team, the Content
Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and expansion of the NNELS
collection of books in accessible digital formats. Collections are purchased,
produced, and exchanged, and items are budgeted for and tracked. This position
reports to the NNELS Project Coordinator.
This is a virtual office opportunity; residency in the Greater Vancouver
(British Columbia) area is preferred.
Ideal start date: October 3, 2016
**The position requires that candidates be:**
* Detail-oriented and comfortable using spreadsheets;
* Self-directed and good at managing time and multiple tasks;
* Experienced with building and maintaining complex professional relationships with a variety of other organizations;
* Comfortable communicating in a digital environment and using social media;
* Interested in the technical and legal aspects of producing and obtaining content in accessible formats;
* Committed to improving the accessibility of public library collections and services across Canada;
* Able to travel for conferences and meetings.
**Experience with the following will be considered an asset:**
* Bilingual (English and French);
* Direct writing and editing for the web and social media (ideally using the Canadian Press Stylebook or similar), including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, as well as monitoring social media channels through a dashboard such as Hootsuite.
* Experience with producing books in accessible formats, including e-text and DAISY production and standards.
**Competencies and qualifications:**
* Degree in library science or library technician diploma; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered;
* Ability to manage stress (with a sense of humour);
* Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups in a distributed environment (team members do not all work in one location).
**What we offer:**
* While the Co-op is headquartered in downtown Vancouver, this is primarily a virtual office opportunity for the right candidate. Most of the Co-op staff work remotely, using the Vancouver office for regular or occasional face-to-face meet-ups.
* The opportunity to be part of an energetic, supportive, and dynamic team in a growing community enterprise.
* Exciting opportunities to have a positive effect on library services and the lives of readers across the country.
* This position is envisioned as a fixed-term service contract with the option for renewal and/or limited term employment status (budget dependent).
**How to apply**
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in **PDF
format** to office[at]bc.libraries.coop no later than **1600 Pacific Time,
September 9, 2016**.
Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the position requirements.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will
The BC Libraries Cooperative hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to
the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage
applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons,
persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender
identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage
with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for
the positions we post; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given
**Content Coordinator duties**
The Contractor will perform the following services in consultation with the
team, as appropriate:
* Foster relationships and negotiate with publishers, publishing organizations, partner provinces, international partners, and other Canadian accessible format producers to increase the availability of content in the NNELS network;
* Recommend content sources, production tools, and best practices related to digital content production and delivery;
* Participate in national and international discussions about (a) the future of accessible formats, and (b) how to improve the accessibility of books at the point of publication;
* Develop and oversee NNELS collection policies and best practices;
* Plan, coordinate, and develop training and support for the production of accessible formats within the NNELS network;
* Coordinate and document NNELS legal processes, including copyright clearance;
* Track, monitor, and report on projects tasks, payables, budget and deliverables related to content acquisition and production;
* Manage metadata and oversee cataloguing for NNELS;
* Streamline acquisition and production processes to minimize barriers in obtaining content;
* Assist with NNELS communication and documentation;
* Assist NNELS colleagues with regular support duties including support tickets, training, and conference presentations and attendance;
* Work with other Co-op staff to leverage relationships that foster collection growth opportunities and the sustainability of NNELS as a whole;
* Be attentive to and make recommendations for opportunities to improve content discoverability;
* Along with NNELS colleagues, coordinate changes in project scope, identify potential hurdles, and devise contingency plans;
* Fully document all key processes;
* Other duties as assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26994/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/