If you are interested in library websites, user experience, search interfaces and discovery tools, please consider this job opening in beautiful Wilmington North Carolina. Our beautiful coastal campus is located 5 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. A college and tourist town, Wilmington has a charming historic downtown, lovely beaches, affordable living and lots to do and see, including cultural events. UNC Wilmington is a growing university and Randall Library is a vibrant and collaborative place. We hope you'll consider joining us!
Please visit https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/5658 for more information or to apply. Priority consideration date has been extended to August 26, 2016.
This position provides a wide range of expertise, guidance, and management of a variety of services and activities in this online arena, including but not limited to the following.
* Provides leadership, direction, and technical expertise to design, develop, maintain, and evaluate libraries' web/mobile presence for services, content, and user experience
* Analyzes, evaluates and assesses the Library's online presence for user experience, accessibility, design and content
* Researches, evaluates, and recommends new web technologies for the library
* Follows standards and best practices for web accessibility and universal design
* Coordinates with content owners and authors to ensure that the Library's web presence is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, user-centered, and accessible
* Works on a wide variety of projects, both individual and collaborative in scope, to improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries' various discovery and search tools
* Supports eresource implementation through website integration, interface customization, support for open url, proxy and other services
* Provides troubleshooting and technical support with library online resources, e.g. resolving authentication problems and ensuring smooth and reliable access, working with vendor based APIs and web services.
* Develops training materials and programs for librarians and library staff
* Provides general help and research assistance at the Research Help Desk and assists remote patrons through phone, e-mail, web and other technologies.
* Engages in scholarly or creative activity to produce new knowledge and share expertise.
* Participates in the development, implementation, and review of Library policies, procedures and services.
* Serves on Library and University committees
Laura K. Wiegand
Associate Director Library Information Technology and Digital Strategies
William M. Randall Library<http://library.uncw.edu/>
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
[log in to unmask]
Phone: (910) 962-3680