Reporting to the Assistant Library Director for Technical Services and Electronic Resources and working closely with other library managers, the Systems Librarian position provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for library patrons and staff as they seek, access, and maintain the information in our library systems. This will include first-line support as well as maintenance and implementation in a broad range of systems with primary, sustained focus on the library systems including EZProxy, LibGuides CMS, the OCLC WorldShare WMS, and others. This includes day-to-day maintenance and updates of the EZProxy system; reports, statistics and template updates for LibGuides CMS; and configuration and reporting for the WMS ILS. This position will also require significant customer service skills as this person will be heavily involved in user problem resolution and resource troubleshooting, with at least one reference shift a week required.
* Maintain the library EZProxy system, including updates and troubleshooting.
* Administer the library's WMS ILS, including managing reporting, metadata exports and configuration.
* Act as the library's primary technology liaison, including monitoring change management documentation for changes that will affect the library and working with various IT teams to support library systems.
* Provides input into the planning, implementation, and support of library technology, focusing on systems that improve the discovery and organization of the Library.
* Plans and provides library technology training for library staff.
* Constantly seeks to improve library workflows and systems, and recommend solutions.
* Master's degree earned from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Library/Information Science program.
* Basic or better familiarity with Unix required.
* Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently in a changing environment and directly with patrons.
* Two years' experience supporting an integrated library system, proxy server, platforms, and software in an academic library setting is preferred.
* Experience supporting web based content management systems.
* Experience preferred with: XML, RDF, metadata schemas, Serials Solutions, OCLC WorldShare, EZ Proxy, LibGuides, OCLC digital formats, and metadata standards.
* Knowledge of electronic and traditional cataloging standards (AACR2R, LC classification, LCSH, MARC formats) and familiarity with RDA and FRBR.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Elsa Anderson (Assistant Library Director, Technical Services and Electronic Resources) via email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
- See more at: http://libguides.mssm.edu/opportunities#s-lg-box-12098733
Assistant Library Director, Technical Services and Electronic Resources
Levy Library, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
New York, New York 10029
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Follow us on Twitter @Levy_Library