This job is being reposted. Please share widely. This is open to entry-level people who want to get into the field as well as those with experience.
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
JOB Title: Digital Initiatives Librarian
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world's largest consortium of HBCUs-Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service and is known for transformative change in innovative services and programs. Our organizational culture is represented by a staff of engaged and highly motivated individuals and is one in which entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged. These factors are evidenced by our library's recognition in the "university library" category for the 2016 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. To continue our excellence in program and services, the library is seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative candidates for the position of Digital Initiatives Librarian. The Digital Initiatives Librarian will support the continued development, implementation and use of emerging technologies that enrich the teaching and learning landscape. S/he will partner with Reference Librarians, Archives, and Information Technology staff to identify, build, and maintain our rapidly growing digital library collections. They will support and maintain existing software solutions for library and archival open source and vendor applications including but not limited to, DigitalCommons, CONTENTdm, ArchivesSpace, Omeka, XTF (eXtensibe Text Framework). The Digital Initiatives Librarian will play a role in researching, testing, and proposing initiatives for technology innovations for the library in support of strategic goals including digital preservation planning.
* In collaboration with library and technology staff, will explore and identify new and emerging technologies
* Consult, collaborate and support AUC faculty and students in the introduction and use of digital learning tools and methodologies
* Manage scanning and digitization activities for all formats including print, audio, and video
* Assist in the development of new systems and applications including project management
* Work with contract developers and vendors when necessary, and assist with new software implementations
* Work with Archives Research Center staff to facilitate online access to new and legacy collections including the Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr Collection to ensure timely and convenient access by students, community and scholars worldwide
* Improve the efficiency and integration of existing implementations such as ArchivesSpace and XTF (eXtensibe Text Framework) including performing migrations, upgrades and customizations
* Provide technical support for library digital preservation initiatives
* Participate in professional activities and collaborate with library staff in developing funding proposals to advance digital initiatives
* Graduate degree from an ALA accredited library school
* Broad understanding of emerging trends in digital curation principles, standards and best practices
* Experience with creation, management and usage of digital collections
* Familiarity with repository software technologies both open source and vendor products, including CONTENTdm, DigitalCommons, Omeka, Fedora/Hydra
* Strong technological skills including some programming, familiarity with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
* Knowledge of XML and database design and construction; knowledge of HTML, CSS and website creation and maintenance
* Experience with supporting archival management systems, such as ArchivesSpace and XTF
* Knowledge of research data management and digital humanities an asset
* Analytical, organizational, and oral and written communications skills
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a team environment
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
* Experience in an academic library environment
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, relocation assistance, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. This is a non-faculty/non-tenure position. The position will remain open until filled.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library and to view the full job description visit us online at www.auctr.edu<http://www.auctr.edu>.
Metadata & Digital Resources Librarian
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
We will always provide service that exceeds the customer's expectation... Because we care!