University of North Carolina Wilmington (5 miles from the beach!) is seeking a collaborative-minded Digital Initiatives Librarian who will coordinate the vision, planning, implementation and maintenance of the library's digital program, including digital collections, digitization, digital preservation, and digital scholarship. Reporting to the Associate Director Library Information Technology and Digital Strategies, in conjunction with other members of the Library Information Technology and Systems department, this position will also coordinate and support the development, maintenance and management of the technologies and systems needed to deliver the library's digital program. This is an 11 month position (August-June) with full benefits.
* ALA-Accredited Master's degree in library or information science.
* Experience with digital library, institutional repository and/or content management software such as CONTENTdm, DSpace, Drupal, Archon, ArchivesSpace, Fedora, Omeka, Islandora.
* Experience with developing, implementing and maintaining digital projects and related systems.
* Experience applying or advising on best practices and technologies for digitization and digital preservation.
* Knowledge of metadata standards and protocols (e.g., Dublin Core, Open Archives Initiative-Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)).
* Knowledge of current issues and trends in intellectual property, copyright and fair use, open access, and author rights.
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
* Strong organizational, planning, time management and project management skills.
* Strong service orientation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Understanding of system implementation and support, including Windows/Linux servers, MySQL/Solr databases, scripting and programming.
* Knowledge of issues, practices and trends in research data management and digital humanities.
* Experience with a variety of digital imaging technologies and equipment.
* Experience with curation of various formats (e.g., text, video, audio, still images).
* Experience with grant-writing and/or managing grant-funded projects.
* Ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with diverse teams across departments and disciplines.
* Knowledge of academic library issues and trends.
* Professional experience working in an academic library.
Please visit https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/6544 for more information and to apply.
Laura K. Wiegand
Associate Director Library Information Technology and Digital Strategies
William M. Randall Library<http://library.uncw.edu/>
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
[log in to unmask]
Phone: (910) 962-3680