Grand Valley State University Libraries seeks an upbeat, creative, and
self-motivated web developer to join the Systems and Technology team. We
help create and maintain the websites and technologies that support our
more than 25,000 students and faculty in their research. We're looking for
someone who combines technical ability with empathy and a genuine interest
in helping our students and faculty.
You will build custom web applications and modify existing systems to
better meet user needs. Your code will be open source, and your projects
will be collaborative with colleagues throughout the library. You'll also
help us test our projects with users and write and maintain documentation.
- Develop, modify, and maintain custom web applications that interact
with relational databases and/or APIs.
- Maintain previously completed projects by troubleshooting issues as
they arise and adding new functionality when requested.
- Collaborate with Web Services Librarian and Digital Initiatives
Librarian to customize and enhance functionality of the library systems and
- Meet project deadlines as assigned; contribute towards multiple
projects when necessary.
- Follow coding standards and contribute to standards documentation.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Test projects to ensure application quality prior to client validation.
*Required Qualifications and Education:*
- Bachelor's degree (Candidates graduating in Fall 2016 considered)
- Knowledge of current trends in computer software programming.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one programming language.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and database design.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting database driven
*Preferred Qualifications and Education:*
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related
- Experience with object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of a UNIX environment
*Salary, Rank, and Benefits:*
$44,000 - $49,000 plus competitive benefits (You can learn more about
GVSU's benefits at
Please apply online at https://www.jobs.gvsu.edu (select
Administrative/Professional). Include cover letter, resume, and link(s) to
sample work. Applicants with diverse background are encouraged to apply. We
are an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. If you need
assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Grand Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
institution. Minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are
encouraged to apply. We are interested in qualified candidates who can
contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the
diversity and excellence of the campus community.