For those eyeing Open Repositories 2017, please keep in mind that the call for proposals has an earlier-than-normal deadline. Proposals are due November 20, 2016, so if you haven’t already been thinking about what you might like to present, now might be a good time to start.
Call for Proposals for Open Repositories 2017
Read it online: http://or2017.net/call-for-proposals/
The Twelfth International Conference on Open Repositories, OR2017, will be held on June 26th-30th, 2017 in Brisbane, Australia. The organisers are pleased to issue a call for proposals to the program, with submissions due by 20 November 2016.
In 2017 the Open Repositories conference returns to Australia, where the Open Repositories journey started in Sydney 2006. Repositories have come a long way in the intervening years, having emerged as critical systems for managing, preserving and sharing intellectual, artistic and scientific output. As such, repositories have found a firm placing within scholarly processes and becoming an integral vehicle to moving towards true Open Science. The OR community has established itself as an important contributor in this space, something we would like to emphasise in Brisbane by promoting the community’s ability to always stay at the forefront of development of both infrastructure and good practice.
OR2017 will provide an opportunity to:
• showcase innovative repository services as well as innovations in functionality and user experience of repository software;
• introduce innovative uses of repositories, for example to accommodate new types of content, serve new groups of users, or achieve new goals;
• analyse drivers for repository innovation, including evolving technologies, changes in scholarly communication processes, as well as policies around open access to research outputs at institutional, national and international levels; and
• explore and highlight innovation in the wider ecosystem around repositories.
We welcome proposals on these ideas, but also on other theoretical, practical, technical, organisational or administrative topics related to repositories.
• 20 November 2016: Deadline for submissions
• 14 December 2016: Deadline for Scholarship applications
• 03 February 2017: Submitters notified of acceptance (except Interest Groups)
• 03 February 2017: Registration opens
• 10 February 2017: Submitters notified of acceptance to Interest Groups
• 10 February 2017: Scholarship winners notified
• 26-30 June 2017: OR2017 conference
FAQs about OR2017: http://or2017.net/frequently-asked-questions/
Website: http://or2017.net <http://or2017.net/>
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OR2017aus Tag: #OR2017