Just a friendly reminder... APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 14, 2016 AT
5:00 p.m. EST
We would like to thank our sponsors for supporting the Code4Lib 2017
Diversity Scholarships. Currently, over 8 scholarship are fully funded.
*- Equinox Software - MIT Libraries (2 scholarships) - Northwestern
University - University of Miami - University of Illinois,
Urbana-Champaign **School of Information Science - **University of Arizona
Libraries **- Code4Lib Angel Fund *
As part of Code4Lib's ongoing commitment to reducing barriers that prevent
participation for underrepresented groups, we are pleased to announce that
we are now seeking applicants for our 2017 Diversity Scholarship program.
2017 Code4Lib Scholarship Committee
to award 15 Diversity Scholarships, based on merit and need. Each
scholarship will provide up to $1,200 to cover travel costs, lodging, and
conference fees for selected applicants to attend the 2017 Code4Lib
Conference, which will be held in Los Angeles, California, March 6-9, 2017.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 14, 2016 AT 5:00 p.m. EST
*ELIGIBILITY, CRITERIA, AND REQUIREMENTS*
To qualify for a scholarship, an applicant:
- Must be a member of a group not well-represented within the Code4Lib
community, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people
with disabilities, LGBT+
- Must be interested in actively contributing to the mission and goals of
the Code4Lib Conference.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based upon their merit and
Eligible applicants may apply based on multiple criteria, but no applicant
will receive more than one scholarship. Past winners of any Code4Lib
scholarship are not eligible for another scholarship.
All reimbursement forms and receipts must be received by May 26, 2017.
*HOW TO APPLY*
To apply, please send an email to the Scholarship Committee via Linda
Ballinger at <[log in to unmask]>
- Please use the subject heading ”Code4Lib 2017 Diversity Scholarship
- Please combine documents into a single attached PDF.
- Please follow a “Lastname_Firstname.pdf” naming convention.
1. A brief letter of interest, which:
- Identifies your eligibility for a diversity scholarship
- Describes your interest in the conference and how you intend to
- Discusses your merit and need for the scholarship
2. A resume or CV.
3. Contact information for one professional or academic references.
4. Preference of housing, 1. Luskin Center (at the venue), 2. Angeleno
Hotel or 3. neither.
The application deadline is December 14, 2016, 5:00 p.m. EST.
The Scholarship Committee will notify successful candidates the week of
Jan. 9, 2015.
Registration spots and hotel rooms are being held for scholarship
recipients. If you can attend only if you receive a scholarship, there is
no need to register for the conference or book a hotel room when
If you register for the conference or book a hotel room, you will be
reimbursed along with other expenses. Reimbursement for expenses will be
provided to recipients during the conference.
If you are passionate about diversity and would like to support these
scholarships, donations can be made online at: https://mxmerchant.
For more information on the Code4Lib Conference, please see the conference
You can see write-ups of previous Code4Lib Conferences: