Digital Curation Librarian
Forsyth Library at Fort Hays State University (FHSU) in Hays, Kansas, seeks a creative and service-oriented colleague to build, curate, and promote the academic library's unique digital collections and to partner with others across campus in a variety of academic digital initiatives, including development of the FHSU Scholar's Repository hosted on Digital Commons, online exhibits hosted on Omeka and locally digitized collections in ContentDM. This is a 12-month non-tenure track position with an appointment expected at the rank of Librarian I or II, a salary dependent on experience and qualifications, and an anticipated start date is January 9, 2017.
* American Library Association-accredited Master's degree (MA/MLS/MLIS/MIS) is required for appointment as a librarian.
* A minimum of one year experience with high volume digital scanning or imaging and web technologies.
* 3 or more years' experience in building and curating digital collections in a major digital repository service (e.g., ContentDM, DSpace, Digital Commons).
* Knowledge of emerging best practices related to digital collections, curation, digital preservation, and the requisite technologies that support these practices.
* Experience using a variety of metadata standards used in digital collections (e.g., EAD, MODS, METS, VRA Core, Dublin Core).
* Familiarity with digital and metadata conversion technologies, digital object standards, and optimal workflows for digitization, deposit and curation.
* Familiarity with best practices relating to digitization of audio visual materials.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and implement projects.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups across an organization to accomplish initiatives.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Experience supervising the work of student employees.
* Potential to contribute to digital librarianship through professional service and scholarship.
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2016 and continue until position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by November 15. Required documents include:
1. A letter of interest addressing required and preferred qualifications and experience.
2. A resume or curriculum vitae.
3. Unofficial graduate transcript(s). Official copies will be required if hired.
4. Contact information for three current professional references, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
Submit all application materials electronically to:
Mary Radnor, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Chair: Digital Curation Librarian Search Committee
Fort Hays State University
Complete position description is available at: http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Positions/
Notice of Non-discrimination - Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.