LINK [ http://www.mtroyal.ca/HR/CareerOpportunities/posting/1326/senior-library-systems-analyst ]
Senior Library Systems Analyst
Systems Analyst I
Competition Number: 7631SG
Reporting to the Library Information Systems Manager, the Senior Library Systems Analyst plays a strategic role in application, support, and development of tools connecting library services together. The incumbent will utilize API standards for information transfer from library systems to web services and proactively recommend system-wide changes. This position provides high level application development making use of vendor and standard APIs, proxies, database connections, and scripts to facilitate the efficient and secure communication between systems.
• Using vendor provided APIs, design and develop applications to support integration of multiple library applications: library catalogue, discovery applications, interlibrary loan, subject guides, calendaring tools, institutional repositories, and others applicable systems;
• Develop automated processes to facilitate library application efficiencies and enhanced security;
• Design and implement system and software designs, this shall include, but not limited to, security standards, identity management, installation processes, and automated and testing scripts;
• Create and maintain internal documentation within the business unit’s living document repository;
• Serves as a system expert for library applications, vendor standards, security, and identity management;
• Review and implement recommended vendor best practices and library staff change requests and document change process;
• Develop and maintain library application infrastructure diagrams and documentation.
• Advises on long term goals and strategic objectives for Library systems; and
• Actively participates in and contributes to planning functional process improvements in Unit and Library discussions, activities, and committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or a diploma in Computer Science Systems combined with a Library Technician diploma;
• 3-5 years of experience in a related field with experience in project management, supporting third party systems, developing on integrated library platforms (ILS) and discovery applications;
• Demonstrated experience with identity and data management, database development and related computer applications;
• Demonstrated ability working with RESTful API, Linux/RHEL, and UI/UX;
• Familiarity with user experience/user centered design, information architecture and metadata standards, API security and identity management, and library information systems;
• Working knowledge of standard applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint or other productivity software;
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and teamwork skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on projects across a wide range of departments and for varying audiences;
• Proven ability to independently, as well as collaboratively, plan, coordinate, and implement effective information technology projects, including managing multiple and simultaneous projects and
• A strong commitment to high quality service.
Salary: $3,107.25 Semi-Monthly
Closing Date: March 19, 2017
Reply To: Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources
e: [log in to unmask]