]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CODE4LIB Home

CODE4LIB  March 2017

CODE4LIB March 2017

C4L Journal Editorial Board - Call for Applications

Peter Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:21:06 -0500

text/plain

The Code4Lib Journal (http://journal.code4lib.org/) is looking for volunteers to join its editorial committee.  Editorial committee members work collaboratively to produce the quarterly Code4Lib Journal.  Editors are expected to:

* Read, discuss, and vote on incoming proposals.
* Volunteer to be the assigned editor or second reader for specific proposals.
    ** Assigned editors work with the author(s) to make sure the article is as strong as possible, that the copy is clean, and deadlines are met.  They also enter the article into WordPress, making sure the formatting is okay, all images and tables look good, etc.
    ** Second readers act as a second set of eyes for the assigned editor.
* Read and comment on any other article that interests you.
* Volunteer for administrative tasks and projects as they crop up.
* Take a turn as Coordinating Editor for an Issue.  The Coordinating Editor shepherds the issue through its life cycle.

We seek an individual who is self-motivated, organized and able to meet deadlines; is familiar with ideas and trends in the field; and has an interest in the mechanics of writing.  There is a sometimes significant time commitment involved; expect to set aside ten or more hours a month.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun (if editing is your idea of fun).

Intrigued?  Please send a letter of interest by Friday, April 7, 2017 to journal_at_code4lib.org. Your letter should address these two basic questions:

1) What is your vision for the Code4Lib Journal? Why are you interested in it?

2) How can you contribute to the Code4Lib Journal, i.e. what do you have to offer?

We encourage people who have previously applied and who are still interested to re-apply. We have had to turn down a lot of highly-qualified people in the past due to the large number of applications.

If you have any questions, contact us by email at [log in to unmask] or ask any member of the editorial committee (listed at http://journal.code4lib.org/editorial-committee). We plan to make decisions about additional editors by late April.