*** Cross posted ***
• Develop and maintain software applications (vendor/Open
Source/custom built) as needed to support Library’s needs.
• Audit legacy workflows and recommend automation processes where feasible.
• Participate in design and development team meetings.
• Support process management workflows (ticketing system, wiki, etc)
• Assist Systems Administration team in monitoring system logs,
optimizing system performance, and responding to after-hours
• Make recommendations directly related to improving the development
and operational support of Marriott Library web properties.
Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalency (2 years related work
experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). 2 years of
experience in web software development or related area.
Department Specific Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience working with web technologies such as PHP
(or other programming languages), MySQL (or other DBMS), XML, CSS.
• Demonstrated experience working with Content Management Systems such
as Wordpress, OmniUpdate, or similar
• Experience working in research library setting
• Experience working with library discovery systems, integrated
library systems or repository systems.
• Experience working with Tomcat, Solr, Git.
• Familiarity with Development processes and Agile methodology
• Ability to write successful proposals for new products and services
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated
ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Initiative for self-directed learning