Primary Research Group Inc., has published Profiles of Academic Research LibraryWebsite Redesign Projects, ISBN 978-157440-471-5
The report profiles the website redesign efforts of sixmajor US research university libraries – New York University, the University ofIdaho, Brigham Young University, the University of Arizona, Dartmouth and theUniversity of Miami. Each profile isbased on detailed interviews with two or three major players in the website redesignefforts of these universities. Thereport was written by Cynthia Schwarz, Lead Technology Coordinator at TempleUniversity Libraries in Philadelphia. Cynthia holds a Masters in Library andInformation Science from Drexel University. She is responsible for all projectmanagement related to library systems, both those developed internally andthose provided through vendors
Among the many issues explored in the 51-page report:
· Approaches to end user testing and assessmentand appropriate uses of the resulting data and observations
· Development and management of teams of librarystaff from different library constituencies to guide website development
· Marketing of new and adjusted websites withinthe library and to students, faculty and other end users.
· Website navigability and ease of use
· Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Content ManagementSystems and Services
· Policies on Who in the Library can updatecontent
· Integration of Discovery Vehicles into theWebsite
· Ways to encourage discovery and use of specifiedlibrary services
· Library efforts to serve those accessing thesite through mobile devices
And much more. Learntheir war stories; what they have done; what they wish they had done; what theywill do.
Note that the primary research approach in this report isthrough long, detailed, journalistic-style interviews predominantly though notexclusively focused on qualitative information.
For further information go to: https://www.primaryresearch.com/AddCart.aspx?ReportID=452