The James E. Walker Library at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) seeks a systems librarian to contribute to the mission of the library through administration and optimization of the library’s various management systems.
This is a 12-month, tenure-track position (#401070) at the rank of assistant/associate professor. Start date for the position is July 1, 2018. All library faculty are expected to meet promotion and tenure standards. The successful candidate will report to the Chair of the Collection Development & Management department.
The systems librarian will work closely with the library units that use the integrated library system (ILS). She/he will assist in optimizing system functionality through system configuration, scripting and API implementation. The position will administer, maintain, customize and enhance the library’s integrated library system (ILS) and manage the technical aspects of the institutional repository and hosted online journal system software as well as the proxy server. Currently, Walker Library utilizes the Innovative Interfaces (III) Sierra system, EDS, DSpace, Open Journal System and EZProxy.
• Serves as the primary library contact to the ILS vendor;
• Maintain the ILS which includes but is not limited to: the management of data tables, user authorizations, permissions, settings, templates, loaders and updates;
• Assists library units in the design of workflows and the collection of statistics;
• Creates scripts and implements APIs to optimize and enhance existing systems and data;
• Works with library staff to implement new processes or products;
• Collaborate with internal library units and external campus archival centers;
• Coordinate with library campus technology departments on server management, troubleshooting and system functional issues; and
• Keep abreast of changing technologies.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/27915-systems-librarian