At Temple we have started work on a Ruby client for the Primo PNX api -
https://github.com/tulibraries/primo . It's still a work in progress, but
will do a basic search.
We only launched with Primo earlier this year, but they encouraged us to
only use the PNX REST api, and to not use the X-Services. We've found the
Primo PNX api to be a bit slow in producion, and REALLLLLY slow coming from
One thing I would note about your API url is that you appear to be using
the European servers, "api-eu" but you will need to be using the North
American servers, api-na, or else your API key won't work as expected.
Maybe you've already sussed that, but that threw me for a loop when we
first started using it.
Good luck :) ,
Temple University Libraries
On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 10:51 PM Kluck, Chad L. <[log in to unmask]>
> We're wondering if anyone has experience, and documentation, with the
> Primo API. We have so far developed with the Alma API and other APIs so I'm
> not asking about API GET/POST/PUT requests or CURL. However, since the
> Primo API for some of the search is listed as "Under Construction" it is
> harder to work our way around what we should expect for received data.
> We submitted a support case for some help from Ex Libris, but if anyone
> has a repository, or some docs that would help. We're basically trying to
> do regular search queries, like feed q=any,contains,immortality%20kundera
> (see below)
> We saw in the Code4Lib archive that the Primo API was IP restricted back
> in 2014, but was wondering if that is still the case.
> Submitted to Ex Libris Sales Force
> Case Title: API for Primo - known item searches
> We need help getting a functioning query with the Primo API. Our use case
> is that we are working with a company to develop a chatbot which can take a
> natural language query, get a list of results from Primo via API (using
> author or title search), and check our holdings and availability and let
> the user know if it is available and make a request. The second part seems
> to be accomplished via the Bibs API, but getting the MMS IDs of a set of
> results from a Primo search seems to require the Primo API. We have not
> been able to get results from our test queries.
> We have the API key set up for our API application StthomasAI with
> permissions to use the Primo Search (under const.) API. We have tried using
> both Brief Search and Delivery Service Search but are not having luck.
> For example:
> Chad L. Kluck
> Web Developer
> University of St. Thomas Libraries
> (651) 962-5416
> Sent from Outlook Web Access
> [University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<