This email is an invitation to participate in the DLF Assessment Interest Group's (DLF AIG) working group on User Experience<https://osf.io/zfqc3/wiki/home/> (UX) in 2018. There is more information about the group below, but first, a few words about participating in DLF AIG.
The only requirement for participation in a DLF AIG working group is a willingness to dig in and devote a small part of your time contributing to the tools, methods, and body of knowledge on digital library assessment. Attendance at the DLF forum is not a requirement for participation in any of the working groups. Additionally, if your institution is not a DLF member, you can still participate.
User Experience (UX) Working Group in 2017
* The User Experience (UX) Working Group takes a multi-faceted approach to determining the best way to develop guidelines and best practices in user and usability studies related to digital libraries.
* In 2017, the team worked towards creating a web resource for digital library (DL) practitioners to reference when creating user personas for development and maintenance of digital libraries.
* For more information about the group, see the User Experience (UX) Working Group wiki<https://osf.io/zfqc3/wiki/home/> or go to the Google Group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-aig-ux-working-group> to get updated information.
User Experience (UX) Goals for 2018
* The first goal for 2018 is to wrap up the project from last year.
* Join the group to be a part of creating our goals for 2018
How can you participate?
[this is the part where existing groups can list specific action items for interested participants, new groups mostly will just have the last bullet point
* Are there specific roles you need people to fill, ex: writers, researchers, reviewers, experts who can share knowledge, or other?
* Helping to finalize the best practices document.
* New implementation lead to get the web resources ready.
* Help the group collaborate with other groups to make better content.
* Share knowledge about User Experience in digital libraries.
* The group meets once a month.
* Time commitment: Less than an hour per week.
* To sign up, please contact Joy Perrin ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or join the Google Group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-aig-ux-working-group> to be invited to the initial call this year. Please provide your name, your affiliation, and what interests you have in User Experience.
For questions about the larger DLF Assessment Interest Group, contact the DLF AIG co-leaders, Sara Rubinow [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and Santi Thompson [log in to unmask]
Thank you for participating in the DLF AIG!
Joy Perrin, on behalf of the User Experience (UX) Working Group.
[log in to unmask]
User Experience (UX) Working Group wiki<https://osf.io/zfqc3/wiki/home/>