We hope you will consider joining our awesome, innovative team!
Systems Administrator Library
Arizona State University Library is seeking a highly motivated, knowledgeable Library Services Systems Administrator to work with Discovery Services, under the direction of the Systems Analyst, Principal. This individual will collaborate with staff in the ASU Library and branches in the support and administration of the shared Ex Libris Alma library service platform /ILS and Primo discovery service and related integrated library and enterprise applications. The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance and operation of the Alma/Primo platform and on technical projects with third party integrations affecting library systems.
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Salary Range - $43,920 - $78,080 per year; DOE
Closing Date - February 12th , 2018
Link to Full Description and Application - https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3339270#jobDetails=3339270_5494
* Works with the Systems Analyst, Principal and other library staff in maintenance and support of the Alma/Primo platforms. Assists with the planning and implementation of the overall direction and strategies for the development of these automated systems and delivers efficient service. Assists with user management tasks including regular audits of user permissions.
* Works closely with library staff to survey library systems requirements in order to interpret and define needs. Provides information to library staff about what is available and possible in the library services platform.
* Analyzes workflows and resolves system issues. Coordinates with library staff to resolve problems. Works with system vendors to track and resolve problems that cannot be addressed in-house. Provides regular reports to users concerning reported, pending and resolved issues.
* Works with users, library staff, and university staff to integrate external systems with the Alma/Primo platforms.
* Consults with users and Information Technology personnel in solving problems relating to existing system policies, procedures, operations and/or technical systems and implements approved solutions.
* Creates, reviews, and revises training materials and documentation for library staff. Provides training for new and revised procedures and functionality as required.
* Knowledge of relevant technology tools sufficient to answer customer questions about use, to recommend configuration to meet specific needs, and to solve a wide variety of troubleshooting problems. Knowledge of functional automated software and current advances in technologies that would enhance the functional performance of the system. Knowledge of process improvement methods and approaches. Skill in identifying and resolving problems with computer hardware and software products. Skill in using application software to develop custom products. Skill in developing and delivering instruction and training. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or four years server/network experience in a large academic library, OR, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Experience providing support to end users
* Experience in analyzing, documenting, and resolve system issues
* Demonstrated knowledge of XML, HTML, and CSS
* Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence knowledge
Tammy Allgood Wolf
Director of Discovery Services
Arizona State University