This email is an invitation to participate in the DLF Assessment Interest
Group's (DLF AIG) <https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:Metadata> working
group on metadata in 2018. There is more information about the group below,
but first, a few words about participating in DLF AIG.
The only requirement for participation in a DLF AIG working group is a
willingness to dig in and devote a small part of your time contributing to
the tools, methods, and body of knowledge on digital library assessment.
Attendance at the DLF forum is not a requirement for participation in any of
the working groups. Additionally, if your institution is not a DLF member,
you can still participate.
Metadata Working Group in 2017
The goals for 2017, set in our kick-off meeting, included:
* Updating the structure of the Github site created for last year's
Environmental Scan to support expansion and ongoing work including creating
mechanism for people to submit updates & feedback.
* Reviewing and expanding list of metadata assessment tools gathered
as part of the Environmental Scan. Begin testing tools gathered as part of
the Environmental Scan in order to eventually create a repository for
metadata assessment tools
* Creating a Metadata Application Profile Clearinghouse that can be
used as a community repository for application profiles, mappings and
guidelines for metadata.
* Creating a general framework document on how to assess metadata
that can be used for the galleries, libraries, archives & museums (GLAM)
* Collaborating with other institutions on metadata assessment and
analysis workshop work.
Metadata Working Group Goals for 2018
The group is currently working on setting our goals and work plan for 2018.
Potential projects include:
* Finish restructuring the Metadata Working Group site and
documenting the work
* Gather content for the Metadata Application Profile Clearinghouse
* Review and revise the Metadata Analysis Workshop
* Create a Metadata analysis tools repository
* Create a space where participants could share expertise and learn
about new tools or projects related to metadata assessment and analysis.
* Generate benchmarks for metadata quality.
How can you participate?
* Join the
-group> Metadata Working Group Google Group to get announcements and agendas
for upcoming meetings
* Comment on the
AMuQ/edit?usp=sharing> 2018 Work Plan to help us set priorities and
directions for work in the upcoming year
* Join us for our 2018 Kickoff Meeting on Thursday, January 25th at
11 am Eastern / 10 am Central / 9 am Mountain / 8 am Pacific.
For questions about the larger DLF Assessment Interest Group, contact the
DLF AIG co-leaders, Sara Rubinow <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] and Santi Thompson [log in to unmask]
Thank you for participating in the DLF AIG! Please feel free to forward to
any groups you feel might be interested.
Kate Flynn, <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
& Anna Neatrour, <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Co-facilitators, Metadata Working Group
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago
University Library (MC 234)
801 S Morgan St
Chicago, IL 60607