Western Carolina University’s Hunter Library seeks a Reference & Instruction Librarian/Business Liaison to join its highly engaged and service-oriented faculty in the Research and Instruction Services (RIS) department. The librarian in this position collaborates and builds relationships with the faculty, staff, and students of College of Business in support of their research, teaching, and learning.
All RIS librarians at Hunter Library provide interdisciplinary, high-quality research assistance and library instruction during weekdays, evenings, and weekends, and build an ongoing understanding of the disciplines and library resources for all fields of study. RIS librarians participate in an active information literacy instruction program (on and off-campus), contribute to the development of collections and research tools, and collaborate with colleagues in library-wide decision-making and initiatives. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, flexible, and up to the challenge of serving a diverse offering of undergraduate and graduate programs, including a number of online and distance education initiatives. All library employees assume responsibility for additional duties, projects, assignments, and initiatives as needed or assigned. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
This is a 12 month tenure track position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required for this Position
• MLS from an ALA-accredited program of library or information science or international equivalent;
• strong interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• demonstrated evidence of initiative and flexibility;
• ability to work independently and collaboratively, as a leader and team member, with library and campus colleagues;
• familiarity with current trends in library technology and electronic resources, along with the ability to apply this knowledge to a local situation;
• ability to develop an ongoing understanding of the curricular and disciplinary needs of the university;
• ability to build expertise in relevant business tools and resources.
• MLS from an ALA-accredited program of library or information science or international equivalent
• experience in synchronous and asynchronous information literacy instruction;
• reference experience in a library setting;
• an undergraduate degree in a business discipline or business/entrepreneurial experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29060-research-instruction-librarian-business-liaison-position-002926