Brookens Library at the University of Illinois Springfield seeks dynamic and highly motivated candidates for the position of Director of Library Systems and Electronic Resources Librarian. The successful candidate will serve as leader and manager for digital services and library systems operations, and sets strategic direction for the unit. Specific responsibilities include: Manage and evaluate workflows and services, and direct personnel processes for the area, including training. Operate as system administrator and as a resource person for faculty and staff on current or emerging library technology, and in selecting or using specialized software. Provide statistical, usage and narrative reports as required, and participation in policy and strategic planning decisions as a member of the Library Management Team.
Brookens Library supports teaching, learning and community at the University of Illinois Springfield. We offer a collaborative, fast-paced work environment that is focused on providing innovative services and resources to our students, faculty, and staff. Campus: Located in the state capital, the University of Illinois Springfield is one of three campuses of the University of Illinois system. The UIS campus serves approximately 5,000 students in 20 graduate and 31 undergraduate programs. The academic curriculum of the campus emphasizes a strong liberal arts core, an array of professional programs, extensive opportunities in experiential education, and a broad engagement in public affairs issues of the day. The campus offers small classes, substantial student-faculty interaction, and a rapidly evolving technology enhanced learning environment. Its diverse student body includes traditional, non-traditional, and international students. Thirty percent of majors are in undergraduate and graduate online degree programs and the campus has received several national awards for its implementation of online learning. For more information, you are encouraged to visit the university website<http://www.uis.edu/> and the Brookens Library website.<https://library.uis.edu/>
* Identifies technology needs in the Library, and prioritizes and implements digital projects for the Library. Creates and implements, policies, programs, and procedures related to digital initiatives and technologies. Collects and analyzes data for library services and resources.
* Maintains seamless access to the Library's electronic resources and continuing resources collection, including ordering, licensing, access, updating, and troubleshooting of electronic resources.
* Collaborates with the Web Committee on the design and development of library websites and analyzes user needs and expectations using usability testing, locally maintained analytics, and data analysis to determine effectiveness of services and the Library's web presence. Chairs Web Committee.
* Acts as system administrator for LibApps and other cloud-based library application products. Will integrate, manage and extend various software platforms and web-based tools. Supports and maintains the tools required for acquisitions and electronic resources work, and use of the acquisitions and cataloging modules of the integrated library system.
* Master's in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution and two or more years of relevant information technology experience in an academic or research library. Experience with supervising full-time staff. Ability to work independently and to achieve outcomes in a collaborative environment. Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated project management skills.
* Preferred: Experience with an open URL link resolver, proxy server, and electronic resources management. Experience with technology troubleshooting and problem resolution. Strong working knowledge of SQL including the ability to create, edit, and run queries using Access or other reporting tools.
Read more and apply.<https://jobs.uis.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=85533&job=director-of-library-systems-and-electronic-resources-librarian>