Libraries Information Technology (LIT)
Columbia University Libraries
Columbia University Libraries seeks a motivated and collaborative Systems Analyst/Programmer to join the Libraries Information Technology (LIT) division.
Under general supervision, develops specifications and requirements for database applications in support of library programs; programs, enhances, modifies, and expands new and existing database applications and related programs; installs and integrates vendor-supplied database applications.
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- programming, debugging, and documenting complex software applications, including batch interface properties for database applications.
- consulting with Libraries staff to develop application functional requirements, conducting data analyses and preparing specifications.
- preparing program design descriptions, models and prototypes, modifying specifications to improve design and functionality, in consultation with other technical staff.
- managing security policies, access permissions, and disaster recovery for mission-critical data on servers and desktop systems.
- installing and integrating vendor-supplied database applications.
- acting as a resource and consultant to staff involved in related projects and performing other duties as assigned.
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic multicultural intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries comprises a diverse, collegial and engaged staff committed to furthering the University’s teaching and research mission through innovation, leadership, collaboration and professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum three years’ related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in progressive analysis and programming.
- Development experience in UNIX.
- Proficiency in one or more appropriate application development languages (such as perl, PHP, python, ruby).
- Development experience in MySQL, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL environments.
- Familiarity with the design and programming of relational database applications.
- Familiarity with MARC, JSON, XML
- Ability to perform systems analysis and programming independently, under general direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to balance priorities and meet deadlines on multiple tasks.
- Commitment to supporting and working in a diverse environment.
- Previous experience with automation applications in a library environment strongly preferred.
Submit an application on-line at https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=167631
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29086-systems-analyst-programmer-libraries-information-technology