Lubbock Christian University invites applications for a collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative, service-oriented, and technically strong librarian for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. This person is responsible for the management of the life cycle processes for electronic resources; managing statistical data and report generation; troubleshooting access problems; implementing best practices with the library's various electronic resource platforms and delivery systems; and maintaining an awareness of emerging technologies, standards and technical issues relating to electronic resources. The Electronic Resources Librarian supervises one Library Technologist and reports to the Library Director.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
* Stays current on issues, trends, and technologies in electronic resource management, data collection, analysis and reporting
* Manages the Electronic Resources Management System (EBSCO), including knowledge base management, overlap analysis, link resolver configuration, and URLs.
* Ensures remote access to databases by providing EZ Proxy configurations to network manager and troubleshooting setup problems with publishers when necessary.
* Coordinates all activities related to the library's automated system & access to online resources
* Collaborative decision making on library automation system functions
* Collaborates with staff to manage and maintain library website content
* Works closely with library team, Information Technology and vendors to resolve technical issues
* Provides professional online reference services as needed
* Liaisons with assigned academic departments, including collection development and instructional duties.
* Reads professional literature and attends professional meetings and workshops
Additional Details on Duties and Responsibilities:
* Administers publisher administrative areas with login credentials, contacts, IPs, branding, and other customizations.
* Provides ongoing maintenance of databases to ensure continued access throughout the life cycle; checks search capabilities and website display; claims broken links or missing content; assists in annual renewals.
* Resolves database access problems. Provides technical support to users and responds to help desk requests.
* Collects COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for all licensed electronic resources and creates annual reports; maintains detailed information on statistics access (links, passwords, contacts).
* Uses a variety of productivity tools (including MS Excel, Word, Google Forms, Google Docs, LibGuides, Survey Monkey) to organize and administer electronic resources.
* Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, standards, and technical issues relating to electronic resources. Contributes to the professional dialog to improve service and enhance access to library resources.
* Assists in other tasks and special projects related to online resources including the instruction of students and staff as necessary.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29166-electronic-resources-librarian